Samsung Galaxy Note 9 First Look, Malaysian Pricing & Pre-Order Free Gifts!
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was just announced midnight last night and I was at the Malaysian live streaming and hands-on session held at the Samsung ONYX hall in GSC.
So here’s a quick update on what’s new and upgraded on the Galaxy Note 9:
– 6.4″ Infinity Display
– 4000 mAH Battery (supposed to last for one full day, according to Samsung)
– New S-Pen with Bluetooth (so you can use it to say… wirelessly take photo, control video playback, etc)
– Comes with either 128GB or 512GB internal storage
– Supports Micro-SD card up to 512GB (hence it’s possible to have 1TB storage in your phone, if you have the 512GB version)
– Built-in water-cooling carbon system to ensure that the Note 9 does not heat up with intense gaming
– Dual aperture back camera (F2.4 and F1.5, just like the S9)
From my brief hands-on session last night, the Note 9 feels very solid and thin. Amazing how they can fit a 4000 mAH battery AND cooling system in such a thin body.
The blue variant looks super stunning. Paired with the yellow S-Pen, it’s definitely gonna be the go-to option when buying the Note 9.
The screen is definitely a Samsung screen, with vibrant colours and high contrast. The resolution is 1440 x 2960 pixels with 18.5:9 ratio.
Don’t expect drastic design difference from the previous Note as it looks very similar with just slight ‘diamond-cut’ lines on the edges.
Here are the back cameras and fingerprint sensor. I personally do not like the placement and the cluster on the back. It feels kinda old school with the bevelled border around the camera module and fingerprint sensor. Anyway, the sensor might be a little small and a little too high up, knowing how big the Note 9 is. Perfect for people with long fingers though.
The S-pen works perfectly. I managed to test the remote control feature to trigger the camera and switch between front and back cameras by just pressing the stylus button. Super convenient and useful.
According to Samsung, we only need to slot the S-pen back into the phone to re-charge it. 40 seconds is enough to give you 30 minutes of usage.
So the Note 9 comes with 2 variants and here are the respective prices. RM4,599 for the 512GB+8GB RAM version and RM3,699 for the 128GB+6GB RAM version. It comes in 3 colours; black, blue and copper.
If you are planning to get the Note 9, I suggest you pre-order now as you will be able to get these free gifts along with your purchase.