The iPhone 7 is said to be water resistant. Here’s the full list of upgrades.
We are 1 day away from the announcement of Apple’s latest iPhone and the full list of upgrades have already been leaked by KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo.
So far, he has a very solid track records in the aspect of Apple rumours so the leaks below have a very high chance in becoming real when the Apple keynote takes place tomorrow.
Details on the iPhone 7 includes:
– New A10 chip. Getting a new chip is almost a default upgrade so there is nothing surprising here.
– Storage capacities of 32 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB on both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.– 5 color options: space grey, rose gold, silver, gold AND “piano black”. You can see the new “piano black” option in the photo above. Sadly, there is no deep blue variant that everyone is looking forward to.
– IPX7 water resistance. This is the same as the Apple Watch. IF this is real, the iPhone 7 will be OK to face water splashes, shower, and even brief dips in water up to 1M deep.
– No headphone jack. This is almost certain already. Apple is said to provide both Lightning EarPods & a Lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter in the box. The removal of the 3.5mm jack is believed to support the water resistant feature.
– Earpiece receiver to become a speaker. If this is true, then it should work like the Huawei P9 as it also turns the earpiece into a speaker when video is played in landscape mode.
– Pressure-sensitive click-less home button. This one is exactly like the home button on the One Plus 3. You can go check it out if you want to have an early preview of the iPhone 7 home button.
– Dual-lens rear camera on the iPhone 7 Plus. Both are 12MP lenses, with one being a wide angle and the other one being a telephoto lens.
– The rear camera flash will be upgraded to a 4-LED light. Hence, 2 cool and 2 warm LEDs.